The second GPP webinar of 2023 will address social clauses in tendering procedures and analyse the current state of play of the use of social considerations in tendering procedures, what are the most commonly used types of social clauses and at which stage of the procurement cycle.
- Agriculture, Construction & Infrastructure, Defence, Security and Safety, Education and Sports, Energy and Water, Facility & Fleet Management and Equipment, Health, ICT, Cloud and dataservices, Mobility & Transportation, Professional services (consultancy, legal, financial advice), Social Services, Tourism, Culture and Arts, Waste management
- Online only
- Online only
- Submitted by
- EC content
The second European Commission’s Helpdesk service on GPP webinar of 2023 will address social clauses in tendering procedures.
This webinar will analyse the current state of play of the use of social considerations in tendering procedures, what are the most commonly used types of social clauses (considerations linked to employment, training, gender equality or combating discrimination) and at which stage of the procurement cycle.
This webinar aims to discuss these issues and facilitate the exchange of experiences and good practices between contracting authorities.
- Welcome and Introduction from the EU GPP Helpdesk, European Commission
- Different types of social clauses and the experience of REVES members, Luigi Martignetti, REVES (European Network of Cities and Regions for the Social Economy)
- Learning from the experience of different contracting authorities:
- The use of training and flexible clauses in works contracts in Wallonia Region, Jean-Luc Bodson, social clause expert (Belgium).
- The use of social, employment and gender clauses in Sweden, Patrick Amofah and Ellionor Triay Strömvall, Swedish Public Procurement Agency (Sweden).
- The use of gender and other types of social clauses in the tendering procedures of the Municipality of Cádiz, Fernando Acuña, Senior Programme Manager, Head of Social Economy, Municipality of Cádiz (Spain).
- The use of social clauses in Lodzkie Region, Anna Gorczynska, Assistant Professor and Head of the Public Procurement and Public-Private Partnership Centre at the University of Lodz (Poland).